1. Keep exterior doors closed. If you open them, warm air leaves quickly.
2. Keep interior doors closed. This allows warm air to stay in the center of your home.
3. Insulate your windows by closing your curtains and blinds.
4. Layer your clothing with thermal underwear, extra socks, shirts, and hats.
5. Use hand warmers inside socks and gloves and replace them every few hours.
6. Use duct tape and trash bags to cover windows. Use bubble wrap if you have it.
7. Roll up towels and place them under doors and on window sills to help block cold air drafts.
8. Safely burn candles in small bundles to provide some heat.
9. Try and stay in one room and focus your attention on keeping that room warm.
10. Grab your sleeping bags, tents and other camping gear for an overnight living room camp in.