LIFESAVER jerrycan 10000UF
A robust and portable water filter capable of filtering 10,000 litres / 2,641 US gallons of clean drinking water, removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly. The LIFESAVER jerrycan holds up to 18.5 litres of water at any one time and is designed to support those with a greater demand for clean water such as group expeditions, adventurers embarking on overland travel, families or those setting themselves up for off-grid living.
The LIFESAVER jerrycan was designed to store and carry dirty water. Once water is cleaned there is risk of recontamination, with the jerrycan, just filter water when you need to drink it.
Filter water for drinking, for washing with the addition of the LIFESAVER shower attachment and for cooking. No need for chlorine or chlorine dioxide.
- Tested by Independent Test House to meet adaption of NSF Protocol 231
- Includes FAILSAFE - an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Intuitive to use - FILL with water. PUMP the jerrycan. DRINK clean water.
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant distaste that you get with using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
The LIFESAVER 10000UF jerrycan is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. Lifesaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by NSF Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
NSF/ANSI standard microbial removal claims are 99.9999% or greater for bacteria, 99.99% or greater for virus, and 99.9% or greater for parasite cysts.
> 99.99% (Log 4)
> 99.9999% (Log 6)
> 99.9% (Log 3)
Ultra Filtration (UF)
Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water
DRY WEIGHT3.9kg (137 oz)
VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**10,000 litres / 2,641 US gallons
INITIAL FLOW RATE**
3 litres/min @ 0.6 Bar (g)
JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY
18.5 litres / 4.9 US gallons
* Tested by BCS laboratories issued 9/02/16 based on an adaption of NSF/ANSI P231 Protocol. These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the bottle and flow rates dependant on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.
The 10000UF jerrycan includes:
- 10000UF jerrycan
- Maintenance pack ( 1 protective cartridge cap and 1 spare o-ring)